Please Take The Time To Register On This Blog

It's the only way I will know who is reading it,
and the only way you can add your comments to any of the posts.
To add a comment, click on the post title (which, in this case, is the date).
This will open that post in a separate window.
At the bottom of the post, you can add your comments.
Thank you!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

September 8, 2010 - Chemo 2

Chemo 2 is behind me.  YAY!  Only 6 more to go!

I went in this afternoon for my weekly labs (they were all great - no appreciable decrease in blood cells), doctor's appointment, and then chemo treatment.

This is me getting my anti-nausea cocktail with saline, while starting to read The Girl Who Played With Fire.  It turns out my oncologist, Dr. B., is also a Steig Larsson fan.  He told me how he Googled the book, Dimensions in Mathematics (along with about a million others), because the novel peaked his interest.  Turns out the math book doesn't exist - never did.  The cited author doesn't exist, and Harvard Press (proclaimed by the novel to be the publisher) gets hundreds of requests daily for information the the non-existent math book.  If only Larsson had cited a book that actually exists, I'm sure it would have spiked sales.

I told Dr. B how, when I started The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, the first thing I did was Google the flower, Leptospermum (Myrtaceae) rubinette.  As a Master Gardener, I was curious.  It doesn't exist, either.  The Genus and species (Leptospermum Myrtaceae) exist, but not the variety 'rubinette'.

Anyway, I forced Al to take a couple of photos today, since this blog is woefully bereft of visual stimulation.  I wanted everyone to see my technician, Michelle, injecting the "cherry Kool-Aid" into my IV.  She does it over about a 15 minute period, then lets the balance of the treatment drip by itself.

I was able to get back to the shop by 2:30 and finish nine simple table centerpieces for the dinner seminar that my BNI mentor, Jason, is hosting tomorrow evening.  I would have liked to attend, but I'll be hosting my own event, that of John von Walter's presentation on Carver's Historic Downtown District.  We're hoping to have a good turnout on the eve of Steamboat Days.

Anyway, I left the shop at 5 PM to come home to a wonderful aroma in the kitchen.  Shelley had brought us a divine dinner.  It tasted soooooooo good.  So we've caught up on the news, and Mad Men, and now are watching the Twins game.  It should be an early night -- I want to get up early to spend an hour or so with Ann at the garage sale she's holding in our garage/driveway tomorrow as part of the Steamboat Days City-Wide Garage Sales.  She has some wonderful stuff!  (I know, because I've already personally shopped the garage.)

I think I'll go get some dessert and get back to the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment