Please Take The Time To Register On This Blog

It's the only way I will know who is reading it,
and the only way you can add your comments to any of the posts.
To add a comment, click on the post title (which, in this case, is the date).
This will open that post in a separate window.
At the bottom of the post, you can add your comments.
Thank you!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September 15, 2010

Email exchange today with my 25-year-old son:

Me:  Hi, honey.  How are you?

Steve:  I’m okay.  Some drama at work, but hopefully will make things better in the future.  How are you doing?

Me:  Very well.  This second round of chemo was pretty much side-effect free (as far as any pain, nausea, fatigue or other unpleasant effect).  I had my head buzzed, since I was getting some bald patches.  (Reminds me of when you had your head buzzed as a kid – I couldn’t stop touching your head, it felt so good.)  Pretty much wearing a wig or scarves/hats now.  But I feel great.  Next round is Monday.

Steve:  I’m glad you are doing well.  I can’t believe you are being so positive.  It is hard to worry when you make it seem like there is nothing to worry about.  I love you, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment