Please Take The Time To Register On This Blog

It's the only way I will know who is reading it,
and the only way you can add your comments to any of the posts.
To add a comment, click on the post title (which, in this case, is the date).
This will open that post in a separate window.
At the bottom of the post, you can add your comments.
Thank you!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September 20, 2010 - Chemo 3

Had a very uneventful Chemo 3 day (just the way we like them).  Shelley picked me up from home at 12:45 and gave me a ride to Waconia.  We had a lovely chat along the way, about Silly Bandz, kids' sports teams, and Mom/wife situations.  She dropped me off at Ridgeview MC, where the lab didn't seem at all in a hurry to do my blood draw, but miraculously, by the time I walked across the parking lot to MN Oncology for my appointment, my results were there.

Dr. B teased me (in front of the technicians) for remarking (he said "complaining") that Chemo 2 didn't have much (he said "enough") side effects, and that I had wondered if (he said "doubted that") they had measured out the cocktail correctly.  Just for my benefit, he checked the calculation (based on height & weight, type of cancer, duration, etc.) and determined that, yes, the Chemo 2 treatment had been precisely the right mix, and my body just tolerated it well the last two weeks.  The mix for Chemo 3 was also identical.

Deb, the technician yesterday, hooked me up the the saline and pre-meds, added the two tubes of "cherry Kool-Aid), and then allowed the last bag to drip.  I progressed in my paperback (The Girl Who Played With Fire) and ate the lovely Godiva chocolate/caramel bar Al got for me.  It was delicious.

Because I got started on my treatment about a half hour earlier than normal, I had a little wait after I finished before Al got there from work to pick me up, but it was "Patient Appreciation Week" at the clinic, and they had a wonderful fruit plate as a treat for patients.  (The strawberries were huge and delicious, as was the melon and pineapple.)  So this routine works well.  There's no point in Al taking the afternoon off work to sit with me and read a magazine (it's a boring process), when I can get a ride there, read in solitary quiet, and ride home with him afterward.

We had a lovely volunteer meal, brought over my one of our many friends.  It was very good and nutritious.  It's wonderful to have so many friends who are also great cooks.  Watched the news, Rubicon and the end of the Twins game.  (I could barely stay up for the end, my eyes were so heavy.  But it was nice to see the win.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Annette!
    Last night Amy and I participated in the BMW "Drive For the Cure" campaign at the new Minnetonka BMW dealership. We each picked a new BMW, drove for the cure, and had a lot of fun. For each mile driven in the campaign yesterday, the dealership donated $1 to the local Susan G Komen chapter towards finding a cure. Did you know that a couple years ago a special Susan G Komen BMW was produced, cool huh! We drove new Beemers, ate great food catered by "Crave", and thought about you and Amys mom. It was a great evening, almost like a date night! :) But then Amy had to race home by 7 for the season premier of "House":( booo! So I went down the road with my Pink piece of cake to the Maserati/Bentley dealer to continue my awesome car night. I am so glad to hear how well your body is handleing the treatments, thats awesome! You will continue to be in our prayers Annette, say hi to Al, and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete