Please Take The Time To Register On This Blog

It's the only way I will know who is reading it,
and the only way you can add your comments to any of the posts.
To add a comment, click on the post title (which, in this case, is the date).
This will open that post in a separate window.
At the bottom of the post, you can add your comments.
Thank you!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

September 12, 2010

I'm sure everyone thinks that the reason you haven't heard from me for two days is that I've been too tired to write.  Actually, that's not the case.  So far Chemo 2 (on Wednesday afternoon) has had very little impact on me -- some mild fatigue on Friday afternoon, and that's it.  I expected to be worthless yesterday, but I felt great!  Al & I shared walleye fingers and chicken drummies from Papa Reuben's vendor wagon for lunch, and cheese curds for an afternoon snack.  I took a brief outing mid-day to see the city hall open house.  Al left me alone at the shop a couple of times while he took in the classic car show with friends.  I'm, frankly, amazed that I've felt this good.  I guess we don't really have a pattern yet with these treatments.  Maybe mayhem is still coming.

We did close up at 5:00 and head home, rather than scour the street vendors for dinner, listen to bands and watch the fireworks at the end of Broadway like we did last year.  We came home to fantastic leftovers (thanks again, Shelley), watched a little TV and caught the fireworks out of our upstairs bedroom window.  (Still the best fireworks in the SW Metro, as far as we're concerned.)

Before we settled down for the night, Al finished cleaning up the buzz job on my head.  There are definitely some bare patches up there - I look like I have the mange!  The wig was OK yesterday (and will have to be today).  It needs some trimming up in front - the bangs are so long they do a kind of swoop over my eyes, which I'm not fond of.  By the end of the day, I was anxious to take it off, but it didn't bother me too much.  I'll get used to it.

My friend, Bonny, has offered to knit me an old-fashioned cloche (maybe with a little knitted flower on the side) that I can wear at the shop during the winter.  My friend, Amy, has some scarves, turbans and another wig she's offered to let me use.  I thought I had some scarves around here somewhere, but I can't find them, so I probably did some massive cleaning out in years past that I don't remember.

But all in all, I think I have to say that I'm so far pleasantly surprised by my body's reaction to the poisons.  I hope it continues, but we just don't know till we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment