Please Take The Time To Register On This Blog

It's the only way I will know who is reading it,
and the only way you can add your comments to any of the posts.
To add a comment, click on the post title (which, in this case, is the date).
This will open that post in a separate window.
At the bottom of the post, you can add your comments.
Thank you!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I took two sleeping pills last night, and slept hard, like a rock.  In fact, I found it hard to wake up this morning.  When I got to the shop, there were boxes and boxes of fresh flower product that had been delivered early this morning for my Soiree – poinsettias, roses, lilies, etc., etc.  It took an hour or two to process the flowers and unbox the plants and set them out.

I realized that my ad deadline for the January, 2011 Savvy.MN magazine was due today, so stopped everything to get that done.  Then I got a call from my friend, Matt, who does our heating and plumbing.  I had let him know weeks before that I wanted to get our air ducts cleaned and sanitized, because my allergies had been really bothering me during the chemo.  Matt was calling me to schedule air duct cleaning tomorrow.  TOMORROW.  Like I needed another thing to worry about tomorrow.  But they have been so busy they were way behind schedule, and if I didn’t take that appointment, who knew when he’d get back to me with another time.  So I said, OK.

I had declined any help for today or tonight, thinking I wasn’t sure how long I was going to be able to last myself.  I worked on things all day – primarily trying to get the back room cleaned up for the refreshment area.  But at the end of the day, after spending the entire day on my feet, I was exhausted, achy, and depressed – it didn’t look like I had accomplished enough.  But I had to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment