Please Take The Time To Register On This Blog

It's the only way I will know who is reading it,
and the only way you can add your comments to any of the posts.
To add a comment, click on the post title (which, in this case, is the date).
This will open that post in a separate window.
At the bottom of the post, you can add your comments.
Thank you!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Friday, December 3, 2010

It would have been nice to have been able to sleep in this morning, after all I had been through during the week.  But, no.  I had an 8:00 AM consultation with my radiation oncologist, whom I was just meeting for the first time today.  Al came with me, and as we sat in the waiting room (we got there at 7:30), I tried not to think about how tired and sore I was.

During this consultation I learned exactly what radiation does, what its side effects are, and what to expect from the machine.  They lined up the various angles of the beam (I’ll be getting four zaps every day), and gave me four little freckle-sized tattoos so that each time everything will line up correctly.  Then I had to go to the hospital imaging center for a CT scan.  With all of this data, the doctor will develop the final radiation plan which we will meet on one more time before radiation starts on Dec. 13.

They had told me to expect a 1.5 hour appointment, so I fully expected to be back at the shop by 10:00.  But things went more slowly than expected, and I didn’t get back to the shop until 11:30.  Bev opened the shop for me, although she wasn’t going to be able to ring up any sales.  But she at least was able to let people in and explain my absence.  On the way in, I had stopped at the McDonald’s drive through, and after eating felt much better.

I tried to spend the rest of the day sitting down as much as possible.  Considering this was still part of the occasional shop weekend, I still had a couple of sales days to get through.  But December is never one of the busiest weekends for the sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment