Please Take The Time To Register On This Blog

It's the only way I will know who is reading it,
and the only way you can add your comments to any of the posts.
To add a comment, click on the post title (which, in this case, is the date).
This will open that post in a separate window.
At the bottom of the post, you can add your comments.
Thank you!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I couldn't sleep again last night.  The night of every chemo appointment is a night of insomnia, due to the steriods in the anti-nausea drugs I get.  At 2:00 AM I was still wide awake, but I thought I'd better at least try to sleep.  I lay awake in bed until 4:30, when I got up, went downstairs, and read.  I heard Al get up at 5:30 and take his shower,  He suggested I try again, so at 6:30 I went back to bed -- and did manage to sleep until 8:30 AM.

Still feeling pretty good, though – high energy, no pain, a little heartburn – but Wednesday evening and Thursday will be the real test, to see if foregoing the shot had any measurable impact on my body’s reaction to the chemo.

I worked on Soiree prep all day today – unpacking new product that’s been coming in, pricing it and entering it into inventory.  We opened a few new lines in anticipation of a bunch of new people (48 have signed up so far) coming in to see our wares – we got Thymes fragranced body products, Abdallah  chocolates, gourmet gift basket items (like crackers, summer sausage, cheese, etc.). 

I also brought over all the rest of the Christmas décor (wreaths, swags, faux evergreen pots, etc.) in the hope that I’d get some help decorating the space (including the “non-occupied” half of the room).  Sure enough, three wonderful friends – Sharon Hartung, Kathy von Walter, and Diane Villars – offered to come in tonight for a couple of hours to be my slaves.

In less than two hours, they transformed the front room – all the new product was beautifully displayed, all the wreaths and swags hung, and the tops of the tall shelves and cupboards were decorated.  It gave me a new appreciation for the phrase: “Many hands make work light.”

No comments:

Post a Comment