Please Take The Time To Register On This Blog

It's the only way I will know who is reading it,
and the only way you can add your comments to any of the posts.
To add a comment, click on the post title (which, in this case, is the date).
This will open that post in a separate window.
At the bottom of the post, you can add your comments.
Thank you!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thursday, December 23, 2010 - MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Had R-9 (Radiation #9) this morning!  Only 24 left!

I had my weekly BNI meeting this morning (which, by the way, it is so great to be able to regularly attend again; I was missing a lot of them during chemo because they fell when I was feeling the lowest every over week) at 7:30 AM.  Left immediately at 9:00 to head to Waconia for radiation.  When I came in to the waiting room, look what was there:  Santa sitting reading the paper and drinking a cup of coffee while a crackling fire and holiday music emanated from the wide-screen HDTV!  What a place!

After my ray gun treatment, I had my weekly meeting with Dr. Sperduto.  I have no skin irritation (yet) or any other sign of what the radiation is doing to me (yet).  So the appointment was rather short.  Since I have to come with either a question or a joke every week, I had a question:  The study materials say no alcohol during radiation.  I asked him if he had a "zero tolerance" policy, or could I have a glass of wine with my Christmas dinner.  He said, "Have the wine.  Just keep it in moderation."  (Whew.  I think that covers the small glass of Bailey's I had a week ago, too.)

Can't believe Christmas is upon us already!  Hoping for a calm, low-key holiday.  Glazed spiral-sliced ham, scalloped potatoes, baked beans, vegetable, rolls -- and 3 pies again!  :)

Merry Christmas, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Please describe moderation. Brenda and I have a diference of opinion. You have a great Christmas. See you next Thurs.

    ReplyDelete