Please Take The Time To Register On This Blog

It's the only way I will know who is reading it,
and the only way you can add your comments to any of the posts.
To add a comment, click on the post title (which, in this case, is the date).
This will open that post in a separate window.
At the bottom of the post, you can add your comments.
Thank you!

Friday, August 27, 2010

August 27, 2010 - AM

I think it's going to be a good day today -- not that the past couple days have been awful!  It's just that I feel like I have some energy again this morning!

Although I had some nice business at the shop, I was VERY tired all day yesterday.  Dragged myself out of the rocker to the front when the doorbell rang.  My friend, Bonny, came in with her grandson; bought a couple of miniature garden plants and told me she's finally gotten some job offers, which is FABULOUS! My friend, Shannon, came in to check on me and offered to buy me lunch (I had to turn him down, as I'm not eating a lot lately).  We had a nice talk, though.  Two separate customers came in and announced they had seen our ad in the Savvy.MN magazine.  YAY!!!  One of them went immediately to the Trick or Treat kids that were featured in our ad, and bought a couple, so that made me feel great.  Gave out some jam/relish samples and sold a couple of jars.

But still, I was dragging.  Tried to read my Deathly Hallows, but kept closing my eyes after a couple of pages.  When I got home at 5:15, I immediately got into bed to take a quick nap.  Al heated up some leftovers, and I had a tasty but small dinner.  We turned on the Twins game, which the previous night had put me to sleep in my chair.  But I was actually able to keep up with it, and even do a little cheering of the boys.  Then I had a bowl of cantaloupe and grapes (thanks, Connie; they're still great), which tasted REALLY good and refreshing.  Before I knew it I was asking Al to put a little more in my bowl.  :)

Still went to bed at 8:30 PM, but I actually felt like I had a conscious choice about it.

This morning I got up at 7 AM, to get ready for day 2 of the Treasure Trek.  I don't expect any customers to come in until close to 11:00, but you don't want to not be here in case someone starts on the east end of the route instead of the west end.  Shin spints are gone.  I feel like I've got a chance of having a pretty good day today.  Hopefully, the worst is over for this first round of chemo.  We'll find out how cumulative the effects are.

No comments:

Post a Comment