Please Take The Time To Register On This Blog

It's the only way I will know who is reading it,
and the only way you can add your comments to any of the posts.
To add a comment, click on the post title (which, in this case, is the date).
This will open that post in a separate window.
At the bottom of the post, you can add your comments.
Thank you!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday, July 22,2011

Radiation is nearly over.  On Monday, I will have R-28 - the last treatment that will include the entire area they've been radiating all along.  The final 5 treatments will focus only on the area where they removed the tumor, which means that my neck (where they've been covering the lymph nodes) will get a much deserved rest.  I have one area, an oval along my left clavicle that is maybe 3" wide by 5" long, that is a pretty raw looking color of red, with dark red bumps that itch.  That area will be hit for the last time on Monday.  But even then, it will take three weeks or so before the delayed effects of the radiation begin to turn around, so more burning might become evident.  Other than that, there's just a funny pink "tan" area, with borders that contrast starkly to my white skin.

We made a cool discovery tonight.  I have about 1/4" of blond peach fuzz covering my head.  As I understand it, this downy re-growth will likely fall out before the "real" hair growth begins.  But it's nice to know there's actually something going on up there that is productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment