Please Take The Time To Register On This Blog

It's the only way I will know who is reading it,
and the only way you can add your comments to any of the posts.
To add a comment, click on the post title (which, in this case, is the date).
This will open that post in a separate window.
At the bottom of the post, you can add your comments.
Thank you!

Monday, October 25, 2010

October 25, 2010

I think this has been the longest I've gone without posting since I started this blog.  I just haven't had the energy.  Monday and Tuesday I pretty much felt fine.  Wednesday, I started getting more achey (I presume from the Neulasta) - especially in my feet, ankles and calves (of course, they said it would be in my back).  Granted, Wednesday Al & I spent way too much time working in the shop - well until 6:30 PM - trying to get ready for the occasional sales.  We put up one of the two new 9' narrow profile Christmas trees we purchased on clearance from Sullivan's (an awesome deal), which should have been a breeze, since it was pre-lit; but, of course, I wanted to remove all the multi-colored lights from one of them, and replace them with clear lights.  Al, being the doll that he is, didn't put up a fuss but sat down with me to remove them.  IT TOOK FOREVER!  And that's pretty much all we had time for that day.

After we left the shop, we had to go to Shakopee to pick up Al's car that had been left the previous day for service.  Since we were so close, we decided to stop at Pablo's for dinner.  It was iffy - I've been battling with a little bit of heartburn from the chemo, so Mexican was a risky choice.  But I took it easy (steak fajitas) and avoided the hot salsa and fried chips (as much as I could).  But I was struggling to keep my eyes open throughout dinner.  I was exhausted by the time we got home (driving our separate cars).  My feet and lower legs ached like fire.  I took some ibuprofen, but it didn't seem to help a lot.  I had a hard time sleeping, because my legs kept aching.  Both of us had cramped hands, from twisting off those lights.

Thursday was the occasional sale.  I went in early to start putting the clear lights on (which was SO MUCH easier than taking off the machine applied multis).  My eyes were at half-mast most of the day, but I did manage to get all the light strings on -- except that the last string was faulty, so Al went to make the exchange at Target.  In between our Christmas tree decorating, we had quite a few customers.  I'm sure it didn't phase them a bit that we were not fully prepared for their shopping experience; they were mostly interested in the Fall and Halloween merchandise we had on sale, anyway.

Friday, again between customer sales, I got the Christmas tree decorated.  The reason it had to have clear lights is that all the decorations are gold and white.  I had meant to weave gold and white crinkle sheer into the inside of the tree, around the "trunk" to disguise it, but realizing I was not operating at full power, that's the first decision I made - eliminate the crinkle sheer this year.  I'm sure it would have looked much better with the crinkle sheer, but ... oh well.  Next year is another year.

Saturday was another busy customer day.  I hosted a Metal Stamping class at the shop at 9:00 AM before the shop opened, and that was quite fun.  We got quite a few nice Facebook comments about the class from some of the participants.

But Sunday might have been the busiest day of the entire weekend.  We started with 8:00 AM Mass at St. Nicholas, then I went to the shop.  Had pretty good traffic for a Sunday, due to the fact that the Second Alarm Chili Feed was going on at the Village Hall.  At 2:00 PM, when we would normally close up on a Sunday, I taught a kids' Park & Rec class on how to make Spooky Trees.  It was a very small class, but the kids had fun.  Kristy (head of Park & Rec) took a photo of them with their trees, and it was so cute she said she wants to use it on the cover of the Park & Rec book next fall.

After the class was over, my dear friend, Marcia Kirk came with her acupuncture needles.  We've missed each other the past couple of weeks due to scheduling conflicts, and I really felt it.  I honestly believe it's been helping my body cope with the chemo.  So we were able to have some quiet acupuncture time.  THEN we went to the Chili Feed for dinner.  Added a couple of bids to the Silent Auction items, then went home to watch the Vikings game.  

I was feeling overall a bit better by Sunday, but my normal 1-2 day bout with fatigue really lasted about 4 days this time.  Go figure!

Today I've spent my morning catching up on some bookkeeping.  I just reached a point where I think I can reward myself with lunch!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment